It was never meant to be a project!!

Visa upp din bil och läs om andras projekt
Användarens profilbild
silverbullet 96

Re: It was never meant to be a project!!

Inlägg av silverbullet 96 »

pretty much a straight swap, some wiring modifications but pretty easy.

Th only thing you need to be careful of is that the car hasn't been painted with the mk5 lights in place. As the mk2 lights are much smaller.

I am selling my old lights if you are interested.
Användarens profilbild
silverbullet 96

Roof Rack
I was getting tired of my roof rack, it was bare polished aluminium and no matter how much I polished it and waxed it it would always oxidise.

I thought about clear coating if after I polished it but decided to paint it instead! Old English White was my choice. found a close match to owe in biltema,.

Any way I spent ages removing the slats and cleaning, degreasing the roof rack. Sprayed on some fancy aluminium primer, and waited.........

Checked it the next day and I could literally scrape the primer of with my finger nail! Some good advice from tmf later and I paint stripped the whole thing, was awkward due to all the nooks and cranies. I have never used paint stripper before and I was super impressed. I cleaned the whole thing, and then keyed the aluminium with some 240.

Etch primer as recommended went on really nicely, as did the colour!

Bild

ECU Issues:
Bild

I had 2 return fault codes on the car. spent hours (maybe days) tracing all the wiring. with the help of the above drawing.
Bild

found out that the ECU had a circuit fault. So sent it off to England. 1 week and 200 quid later it was fixed.

Heated Windscreen
My windscreen was cracked - so New special order monte Carlo style tinted windscreen ordered from Ricky Evans Motorsport, I have never seen anything so well packed before.
Plus great service. They don't normally stock see in tinted glass, but they were super helpful. And got one made up.

Bild

Fitting was easy, and i decided to use a plain black seal instead of the chrome strip. I wired it up last weekend, it draws a lot of current. it is made up of 2 17a circuits (one for the passenger, one for the driver). I will see if my alternator is up too it……..
Användarens profilbild
minitokig
Kontakt:

Inlägg av minitokig »

Hus much was the windscreen and how much for post and package to Sweden?
:-)
Användarens profilbild
silverbullet 96

It was a special order, since it was tinted.

The normal heated screen, they sell is 155 pounds before VAT. Postage was around 120 pounds (insured and it arrived on a pallet, really well packed.)

http://www.heatedwindscreens.com/acatal ... reens.html

Minisport sell the same screen for 230 and postage costs 40. they do not offer any insurance.
Användarens profilbild
minitokig
Kontakt:

Inlägg av minitokig »

silverbullet 96 skrev:It was a special order, since it was tinted.

The normal heated screen, they sell is 155 pounds before VAT. Postage was around 120 pounds (insured and it arrived on a pallet, really well packed.)

http://www.heatedwindscreens.com/acatal ... reens.html

Minisport sell the same screen for 230 and postage costs 40. they do not offer any insurance.
ok, great,
That was one thing I wondered, the package and insurance.
I´ll check it out.
Thanks!
Användarens profilbild
silverbullet 96

Part 1
Well the mini has been tucked away since October. The weather starts to break, so i have decided to give the interior a freshen up.
First up Smiths gauges in the dash. it was bit nerve raking drilling the holes into the dash. I have never seen a dash like it in anointed mini apart from other silver bullet editions. I have no idea what the veneer is , but it is pretty light colored.

Bild
89473693-D409-4433-B809-A842CDA1A6AB_zps

Bild
3BE0496C-34B6-4B15-A5BC-E3C28E1831B8_zps

Second up has been to get rid of the disco flashing modern head unit, I spent ages searching for the correct replacement. thought long and hard about a retro blaupunkt, but wasn't sure how reliable a 40 year old radio would, be plus the iPhone connection was problematic. So instead i went for a nice "retrosound" stereo

[URL=http://s804.photobucket.com/user/craig1407/media/90cb75ef3effa66d34776e2b3b569842jpg_thumb_800x800_zpsc816c059.jpg.html]Bild

I have ordered other bits and pieces: a lucas interior light, which i hope will fit the ashtray spot, a works route holder, which i hope to adapt to hold an iPhone. lets see….

Part 2

Spring has sprung and the mini is out of the garage.

Some small additions over the winter, some new gauges and new retro sounds stereo and a lovely Stearns frost shield (felt a bit bad opening up the original packaging). Oh and a nice "console" lamp from an Mgb / midget

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild
Användarens profilbild
Magna-Flash

Inlägg av Magna-Flash »

Is that a fire extinguisher in the rear window? Where did you get that!? I want one!!! 8)
/Magnus
--------------------------------------------------
Mini 1000 -75 (jubileumsmodell)
Mini Van -75
Användarens profilbild
silverbullet 96

I bought it from a webstore here in Sweden, can't remember exactly which. it had horrible flames etched onto the chrome, so i covered in a bit of vinyl.

Bild

Bild
Skriv svar