dwarfie69

Re: BMW k1100 16v 1380 conversion

Inlägg av dwarfie69 »

RESPECT!!!!
Användarens profilbild
silverbullet 96

Inlägg av silverbullet 96 »

I found what could best be described as "black rubber dust" :shades: on the cam pulleys.

i immediately thought the worst and assumed the cam belt was rubbing.

Turns out the upper breather pipe was rubbing the fan.

Bild

You really aren't playing with a lot of room at the cambelt end on these conversions.

rerouted the pipe and all fixed now.

Believe it or not but the original BMW spark plug cover is really hard to find. High school level German helped me find one on German ebay.

Not to everyones taste but I enjoy the nod to where the head came from:

Bild

Bild

Looking forward to the spring to get it out of the garage.
Användarens profilbild
silverbullet 96

Finally got the bonnet painted! The color match isn't perfect bit I can live with it. Turns out there are actually 4 types of Rover MNX platinum silver. We choose is the closest one.

Refitted the bonnet and it really is a pig to line it up. It wasn't great when i had it fitted before, but i think it is a little worse now. just doesn't seem long enough and etc curve at the front doesn't seem deep enough. I mucked around with it for 2 hours, adjusting the hinges and only slightly improved it. It ain't great but well, it is what it is.

A bit of an update on the bonnet hole and cover panel also. I cut two holes in the front of the bonnet and had a panel made up by arc angels to match the contours of the bonnet, the i sea is I can use the panel in bad weather to keep all the muck out.

I will add a thin rubber edge trim/seal on the holes. Which will cover up any unevenness (in my cutting and the changing thickness of the fibre glass).

Bild

Bild

Bild

The panel is held on with two quarter turn "Camloc" fasteners. Really nice little things. The panel itself I think I will leave without a rubber edge trim.
Bild

Bild

Bild

A quick test drive and the the combo of the new throttle cable set up and the improved air flow, really felt like it made a big difference.
Användarens profilbild
DrKassler

Inlägg av DrKassler »

Good work, looks really nice! And of course the bonnet doesn't fit, it's not supposed to. :lol:
------------------------------------------
1275cc Cabriolet
1275 GT
1275S -59/65
1300 Estate -68
Cooper-74

Inlägg av Cooper-74 »

Great idea with the coverpanel!
Especially when its off = full speed ahead mode! :D
Om Joseph Lucas uppfann mörkret så är det Robert Bosch som står för alla svarta hål i rymden!
Användarens profilbild
silverbullet 96

DrKassler skrev:Good work, looks really nice! And of course the bonnet doesn't fit, it's not supposed to. :lol:
Especially not fiberglass ones.....
Skriv svar