Stötdämpare och hi-los

Väghållning, hjulupphängning, fjädring, bromsar, etc.
Användarens profilbild
heemini

Stötdämpare och hi-los

Inlägg av heemini »

Har Hi-Los monterade bak men har fortfarande standarddämpare. Börjar bli dags att byta nu när fjädringen satt sig som den ska vara och undrar därför om någon har några bra dämpare att rekommendera. Måste jag ha justerbara? Börjar bli dyr bil nu...... Finns ju dämpare för sänkta bilar har jag sett. Kan det va nåt? Har lagom höjd fram med originaldämpare så de tänkte jag bara ersätta med nya och hårdare i samma längd men frågan är alltså vad jag ska ha där bak. Vill ha lågt och hårt! :?
MKIII ´70
VTEC 1600 i fel bil
M-B c200 k
Användarens profilbild
silverbullet 96

Re: Stötdämpare och hi-los

Inlägg av silverbullet 96 »

Good questions!

I have heard that you dont need the lowered dampners unless you have used the hilos to lower the car "extreme" and as i see it beyond practicality!

The gaz adjustable dampners are supposed to be good and im thinking of them myself although there is nothung wrong with the ones i have (standard). I think the novelty of having adjustable dampners lasts about 2 or 3 weeks though.

but as you say low and hard, you may also think about shortened "bump stops".

I lowered my hilos but soon noticed that the tyres (13 x7) were rubbing on the arches.
and speed bumps were a problem.

you are a tougher man than me as the standard ride is "hard enough"!

As said the lowered dampners are only for extremely lowered cars which will also mean tubing the rear arches.

Cheers
Användarens profilbild
heemini

Inlägg av heemini »

Spoke to MiniSpares and they recommended the Gaz shockers. So I'll go for that and also new bump stops. Biggest problem now is getting the tank out since I put a collar for the Aston fuel cap on the neck. Why can't I ever learn to do things in their right order.... :roll:
MKIII ´70
VTEC 1600 i fel bil
M-B c200 k
Användarens profilbild
silverbullet 96

Did you ever get the gaz shocks?

I have just had a set of front lower arms set to 1 degree negative camber and adjustable tie bars - i cam highly recommend it. I have now all my hilos set low and the mini is handling great i wondered about maybe getting some new shocks!

Cheers
Användarens profilbild
heemini

Inlägg av heemini »

Yes, I bough these http://www.minispares.com/Product.aspx? ... 223&title=
(different no for rear shocks) HUGE difference! Not the most advanced, but I don´t need that for street use. Have the Hilos very low now and they work beautifully. Great handling!
How was your trip back home? The mini didn´t let you down I hope?
MKIII ´70
VTEC 1600 i fel bil
M-B c200 k
Användarens profilbild
silverbullet 96

I had these fitted to the car -
http://www.minisport.com/mini-spare-par ... P431A.html
http://www.minisport.com/mini-spare-par ... S0522.html

I also had a stage 1 kit fitted while there and the car had 74 bhp on the rolling road, which i was really pleases with.

The mini kinda let us done a couple of times - it developed a problem with the air intake which meant it stalled at every junction and would hold the revs sometimes, but we went back to the place who fitted the kit a week later and they fixed it straight away.

But we also had a wire burn through which meant we had to be towed towed to a garage who rewired half the car which took 3 days. and extended our trip a little.

But i was very pleased with the mini in general - it did 5500 km in 3 weeks!
Användarens profilbild
heemini

Inlägg av heemini »

5500 is more than I do in two years! You should be glad those problems came in the UK and not here in Sweden. Finding a garage that does minis isn´t that easy here.... :roll:
MKIII ´70
VTEC 1600 i fel bil
M-B c200 k
Skriv svar