How do I clear the P0300 and P0304 fault codes?

Allt som har med elektronik att göra.
JoeClark

How do I clear the P0300 and P0304 fault codes?

Inlägg av JoeClark »

Hello Everyone,

My 2000 Jetta VR6 started running rough/misfiring. I replaced the plugs and plug wires, as my mechanic suggested I do.

Now it runs great. smooth, powerful, no shaking, misfiring, or rough idle. Overall, it runs better and more efficiently than it did when I bought it 2 years ago. BUT...

The fault codes P0300, P0303 and P0304 are set and the CEL is on. A person at Advance Auto hooked up their code reader and told me which ones were set. She also told me that the CEL would clear after about 60 miles of driving when the fault codes cleared. She said that her code reader couldn't (by design) erase fault codes.

It's been a bit over 60 miles and no change. Was I misinformed? Does it take a continuous 60 miles of driving for the codes to clear? Or would they be expected to clear during several drive cycles totaling 60 miles?

I think my OBD II reader has died, it wouldn't erase the codes (Flashed "Error") and now all it does is flash "Error" when I try to read the codes. I put in fresh batteries and tried again but nothing changed.

Any Idea , Suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.p ... 7e7bceb354

Product Video