insurance

Prata om vad du vill
madmax83

insurance

Inlägg av madmax83 »

Hej all,

Just wondering how it works with insurance for minis and especially modifications here in Sweden? Any hints and tips or recommended companies would be greatly appreciated.

JR
Användarens profilbild
silverbullet 96

Re: insurance

Inlägg av silverbullet 96 »

Most here (i think) will insure their cars as "enthusiast cars", am i correct? This is pretty cheap, but puts some constraints on how you use the car - you cant use it to drive to work regularly.

I have full insurance, which is the equivalent of fully comprehensive.

I have found that länsförsäkringar is cheapest for us foreigners. But you need to call them as the quote calculator on their page always spits out a higher price. A good tip too is ( i assume you dont have a Swedish license) is to tell them exactly how long you have had your license. And then send them a copy. I even had to have the DVLA fax a copy of my license details.

I pay about 3500 SEK for the year, which, i guess most members on here will shit their knickers at that price. But that is the absolute best quote i could get. I should also say I have a Rosengård, Malmö post code!

As for modifications - do you mean engine mods or?

i still cant get my head around, is how good the insurance system is here. So maybe another member can comment. But i think mods dont need to be declared as they do in the UK/Irelend. Unless of course you go and pop a V-tec in. Which then the insurance company will be teh least of your worries.

I have been advised to always keep up top date pictures of the car, just in case. you can then use these for a valuation etc...

Hope that helps!

Craig

oh did you find a car yet?
Skriv svar